Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fun visits to break up the days

Over the past few days, we have had several visitors who really help break up the monotony of the hospital stay. It is wonderful waking up in the morning and knowing that someone is stopping by later to just say hello.

I have really loved the babies who have come by. Our friend, Gretchen, brought her precious and funny baby boy Tripp and it was a wonderful reminder that there is a real prize at the end of this journey!
Rosemarie Shipley also came to do a Mary Kay facial, hand treatment, and makeup session. It's amazing how far a little pampering goes around here!

This past weekend, our great family friends, Tim and Juanita Denton, drove down from Ohio and spent the weekend at our house. I am so grateful for the work they helped Brad do around the house. Apparently, we have new shelving in the garage and Juanita got our closets moved around and organized so we have some space for Timothy and all his baby stuff! I guess I will see the fruits of their labor when I finally get to go home. It was wonderful to just spend time with them and have fun in the hospital as well.
This picture shows them playing with the thumb wrestling set I was given. (Thanks Teena for the great to-do basket!)

So many others have also stopped by, sent cards, given gifts, or called to say they're praying, and we are overwhelmed by everyone's support.

In medical news, Timothy continues to grow and stay strong. One night while I was on the monitor, I was having some contractions, but have not had any in several days now. We need Timothy to stay put much longer!

I will be 26 weeks tomorrow and am really beginning to feel pregnant. This is really the first time I've realized that my regular clothes just don't fit anymore, but it's about time. I know if we are able to have other children in the future, I will look back at that statement and be envious of this pregnancy! Please continue to pray against any type of infection and that I will not go into pre-term labor anytime soon. Thank you so much for your continued prayers for our family!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    I'm so glad to see that Christian is not the only chunky baby! we miss you guys! Christian has started doing the "army crawl." He hasn't quite figured out that it would be easier to crawl on his hands instead of his elbows. He has also figured out how to sit up on his own. Some of the little joys you get to look forward to. it's amazing all of the little things that amuse you about your child when you become a mom. Ben, christian, and i will have to make another trip to the hospital to see you. Looks like everything is going well.

    Love,
    Valerie Waskey

    ReplyDelete