Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dreaming at four weeks

Today marks 4 weeks of the hospital stay. In one sense, the time has flown by but when I think back to the last time I was in my real home, I believe it! I am definitely thankful for how Timothy seems to be thriving in this environment and I'm trying to keep that in mind when I start to go stir crazy.

I have found myself dreaming of out of hospital excursions...then I wake up and remember that I am still here and make my peace with it. I'm amazed that it's the simple things you miss: cooking a meal yourself, running an errand, going to work, or just being home. At the same time, I know there will come a moment when I am home with a newborn baby that I think if only I had some time to myself to watch a movie or read a book! The grass always seems greener on the other side!

During this season I am reminded that God often calls us to wait as a matter of obedience. May I wait patiently for Him and seek His face.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment