Sunday, May 9, 2010

First Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! I am especially grateful for my mom's dedication throughout my entire life but even more so since I've been in the hospital these last three weeks. She has spent many nights up here, done laundry, made food, and most importantly prayed for Timothy!

Yesterday, my whole side of the family got together for a joint celebration. Brad went to Trevecca's spring/summer graduation. He is so close to being done...one more semester of internship and he'll actually be able to put the diploma in the holder he received Saturday. I am so proud of him!!

We also decided to celebrate Mother's Day a day early and it was a full house with mom, dad, Katelyn, Chad, Nanny, Dado, Candee, Adam, and Brad all piled in the hospital room. We had great food and got to exchange presents and cards. I even got a Mother's Day card from Timothy himself! Katelyn and I surprised mom and got her this bag. She can't wait to officially be Cici!!

While mom and Brad were here at the same time, the three of us also went up and toured the NICU. I will be 24 weeks Wednesday, which is a huge marker for viability, so they wanted us to be familiar with the NICU just in case. While I am amazed at the care the babies receive and what all can be done to keep them healthy and growing, I'm all for Timothy staying put as long as possible!

Tomorrow, I will receive the first round of steroid shots that are designed to help Timothy's lungs mature. One of the biggest risks with premature babies is lung development, so we are trying to get a jump start. Please pray that Timothy will continue to develop well, especially his lungs, and will see no reason to make his grand arrival anytime soon. Thanks so much!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Rachel! Praying for you and your sweet baby boy!

    ReplyDelete