Sunday, April 25, 2010

One week down!

Well, Timothy and I have passed the one week mark in the hospital and it has actually gone by pretty fast. When I think back to last Sunday morning, I remember the strange mixture of concern and peace as we drove to the hospital. It's the same mix of emotions that I recall from Brad's head injury a few years ago. In the flesh, you think about the worst case scenario, but oh how the Spirit brings comfort by bringing specific Scriptures to mind. I was assured that God is faithful regardless of my circumstances and would see us through whatever news we received at the hospital.

Now a week later, we praise the Lord for keeping our son safe and for the tremendous love we have been shown. We continue to take this journey a day at a time, but rest in the assurance that He alone holds the future. During this season of waiting and trusting, the body of Christ has reached out in tremendous ways. I have received word that people are praying that I have never met. On this side of heaven, we will never know how many people have lifted up this baby boy, and I cannot wait to see what God does with his life!

Many of you know that my sister Katelyn is getting married June 26, and one of the many blessings of their relationship is that the Fusons have become part of our family too. Because I have been on bedrest so long, I don't even remember the last time I had a haircut. I know it's trivial in the grand scheme of things, but once Linda found out, she was up here to give me a haircut, bedrest style!

Please continue to pray that the baby will stay safe and I will remain clear of infection until it's time for his arrival. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. You are so sweet Rachel. We are the ones that feel so blessed to have ya'll in our family now!!! I'm so glad you are blogging. I keep up with you each night. I just want to call all day to check on you, but I just pester your mom by texting her. She has been so sweet to keep me updated. Hope your hair turned out ok. Being a hairdresser was in a past life. HA HA . Nails are next! See you soon. Take care! Still praying for you and your baby. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get those pictures? love them. love your blog. Im coming to slumber party tonight aka eat all of you snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel!! I'm so glad all is going well in your new home away from home! Thanks for keeping us informed through your blog. You look great! I know you feel better already after having a hair cut. Little things like that can really lift your spirits. I am praying constantly for you, Brad and little Timothy! Take care! Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel,

    I'm a friend of Lacey Fitts in Cleveland, MS and I just heard of your situation. I was on 100% bed rest in the hospital 10 years ago with my first child for 4 months and my heart is right there with you. I didn't touch my feet to the ground the entire time! I love your haircut. I didn't get one and I wish I would have. You will be amazed at the memories you'll have for a lifetime. I'll definitely be praying and thinking of you often.

    Hang in there!
    Teressa/Cleveland

    ReplyDelete