Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting Started

As some of you know, Brad and I are pregnant with our first child. It seems like most of this pregnancy has not gone according to plan, and we are learning to let go of control and trust God along this journey. To this point, I have spent significant periods of the pregnancy on bedrest at home. Things seemed to be going well recently, but I awoke early Sunday morning when my water broke at 20 weeks.

Needless to say, we knew that was way too early and headed to Centennial immediately. After being checked out in their specialized OB ER, I was admitted for an "extended" stay. We later learned that "extended" means staying in a hospital room until the baby is born. Ideally, for the health of the baby we would like to make it to 34-35 weeks, but the longer I can remain pregnant, the better the outcome for the baby.

Now that I have a great deal of time on my hands, several people have encouraged me to start blogging about this experience. I hope to be able to share what I'm learning about reliance on the Lord, letting go of control, preparing for Timothy's arrival, and share some stories along the way. For those of you who are praying for us, I cannot begin to thank you enough. We are overwhelmed by the love we have been shown and my hope is that this blog will be an encouragement to you.

2 comments:

  1. Corinne Denton AdamsApril 21, 2010 at 6:21 PM

    Rachel and Brad,
    My thoughts and prayers go up for you and Timothy. What an awesome name! I think I have a brother named Timothy. Oh wait, I DO have a brother named Timothy and he is a great man of God. You will have lots of time on your hands and I pray that you will find encouragement in the long days and not allow Satan to discourage you. Timothy is in God's hands, created for a special purpose in His eyes. God is in control and you are so right, you must let Him have it. Be encouraged and keep looking up to Him.

    ReplyDelete