Thursday, April 22, 2010

Home away from home

Today is day 5 of my hospital stay, and surprisingly and thankfully it is beginning to feel somewhat normal. Of what could be a miserable experience, I'm amazed at how much phone calls, text messages, Facebook posts, and personal visits do to lift your spirits. Oh, not to mention the hundreds of prayers that are being lifted up for our family!!

Between my mom and Brad, someone has been here nearly round the clock and have definitely made it feel more like a hotel stay instead of a hospital (that is if I ignore the IV and constant nurse's care :))

Speaking of care, we have been blown away by the kindness and professionalism of the Centennial staff. From the immediate attention we received in the OB ER to the joyful high-risk pregnancy nurses, we are confident this is the best place we can be. I even had one nurse who told me she had spent 3 weeks on this floor with her pregnancy and was so appreciative of the care she received that she changed her major and career goals and now works on the floor herself. What a testimony to the purpose they feel for their daily work!

I am actually feeling much better than I was at home. I finally have an appetite after weeks of forcing myself to eat and am working to make this baby grow bigger and stronger. I also had a request from my 4 year-old friend, Lily, who has been praying for Jesus to make Timothy better. She wants to see my belly get bigger, and I want to make her happy as well. :)

We believe this is the beginning of a long stay where we never know what tomorrow  holds, so we continue to covet your prayers! 

5 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy. God is so faithful. I look forward to stopping in again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited that you're doing this Rachel. What a great way to journal what's going on and share it with everyone! You'll be so glad you did this, plus it'll give you something to do everyday :o) Can I call him Little Timmy?? Love the name by the way. Assuming it's a little tribute to the best dad in the world ;o) We're praying God takes care of you and the baby as he gets bigger and stronger. God knows what's going to happen each day and He'll take care of you whatever happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, We're glad to hear you're getting settled in. It's too bad it has to be that way--hospitals are no fun--but we know how comforting it is to know you are in good hands with both the hospital staff and the Heavenly Father. Thank you for sharing on your blog. We will keep reading and keep praying. - Mark & Janet (& Nathan). If you're REALLY bored, you can read our blog, even though we don't update it as often as we should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad we got to visit you today. It was also great to meet your mother. What a sweet lady. I know Vickie and Susan were really glad for the chance to visit with you as well. We're praying for you and little Timothy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha forgot my name would come across as txgirl. Have a good day and a laugh on me, Angie Millard

    ReplyDelete