Wednesday, June 9, 2010

28 Weeks!!

So we reached a milestone today that has been discussed from the beginning...28 weeks. I don't think anything magical happened as the clock went past midnight last night, but I do know that our baby is in much much better shape than he was when he entered the hospital almost eight weeks ago.

As Brad and I were talking to our doctor this morning, we got a little better perspective on how unusual our journey has been. He let us know that chances are if we had gone to a different hospital in Nashville, lived in a different country that operates under a different medical philosophy, or possibly even had the same experience a few years later under a different healthcare plan in this country, that our options would have been radically different. We would probably not be sitting in this same position at 28 weeks.

When I think about all the care I have received over the last 2 months, I am amazed and thankful that this place even exists. Thankful for high risk OB doctors that believe that every life is precious and worth fighting for, thankful for health insurance to cover all the care, thankful for a workplace that is supportive and affirms life at every stage, and so thankful for many prayers offered up to God for this unborn life. Thankful all around.

I truly believe that God knit together this baby in my womb and that he is fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:13-14) and am getting very excited to meet him! While we have reached this milestone, every day continues to matter and we still have a journey ahead for which we covet your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. So happy that you and baby are doing well. Will continue to pray for you both. We'd love to see you! I bet you won't even recognize Will.

    Hugs!!!! Ashli Wheaton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, I just found out about your blog from Brittany and I want you to know that we are all praying for you, Brad and Timothy. We pray for your continued patience as you await your baby's arrival. We pray for the doctors and nurses as they attend to you and Timothy. I have a verse that a friend gave to me once when I was undergoing some medical issues and I want you to have it at this time. Read Isaiah 41:10 and be reminded of how God is there to help and strenthen you. Love, Debbie Crocker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel I woke up thinking about you this morning. I know this is a big day! Yeah!!!! So happy for you. Will be there soon to see you. Just wanted to give you some space while you were not feeling good. Still praying!!!! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete